APS provides a wide range of services designed to meet the individual needs of the patients we serve.
Treatment options include:
- Physician visits
- Individual Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Family Counseling
- Couples Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Medication Management
- Educational and Psychotherapy Groups (ie: self-esteem groups, assertiveness groups, anger management, emotional regulation, and many more)
- Medication Education Groups
- Psychological Testing
- Adult Inpatient Hospitalization
- Child/Adolescent Inpatient Hospitalization
- Inpatient Detoxification
- Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP): This treatment option provides intensive treatment in an outpatient setting, five days a week from 9 am to 4 pm. PHP is available in Birmingham, Dothan, Madison, Mobile, Montgomery and Tuscaloosa. The length of participation is based on the individual needs of the patient. Partial Hospitalization Programs include the following specialized programs:
- Eating Disorder Center of Alabama: This program provides a structured intensive treatment alternative to inpatient treatment. Patients attend the program from 9 am to 4 pm for six to eight weeks. This program is in Birmingham only. Lodging arrangements are available with the Trinity Medical Inn for those patients from outlying areas.
- Adult Mental Health Partial Hospitalization: This treatment option provides intensive treatment for mental health conditions in an out-patient setting. Patients attend the program five days a week from 9 am – 4 pm for approximately three consecutive weeks.
- Adult Chemical Dependency Partial Hospitalization: This treatment option provides intensive outpatient treatment for alcohol and drug abuse conditions. Patients attend the program five days a week for three consecutive weeks. This program has been approved by the Alabama Board of Nursing as an option for the treatment for recovering nurses depending on the specific needs of the individual.
- Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP) are available in Birmingham, Dothan, Madison, Mobile, Montgomery and Tuscaloosa:
- Adult Intensive Outpatient Program: This program is designed for the treatment of alcohol or drug abuse conditions. Patients attend this program five evenings a week from 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm for six consecutive weeks. Many patients are able to continue working while attending the treatment program during the evening hours.
- Child/Adolescent Intensive Outpatient Treatment: Children or adolescents attend an intensive outpatient program from 1 pm to 5 pm five days a week for approximately three weeks. This program provides treatment for both mental health and substance abuse disorders.
APS treats the following conditions:
- Depression and anxiety disorders
- Behavioral problems, stress-related disorders
- Grief and loss
- Alcohol and chemical dependency
- Eating disorders
- Marriage, relationship and family problems
- Childhood mental health conditions
- Conduct and behavioral problems in children and adolescents